Procaine hydrochloride 1% - 2% Injectable Ampoule
|2 ml||1 %|
|5 ml||1 %|
|2 ml||2 %|
|5 ml||2 %|
Ester-group local anaesthesic (N: central nervous system)
- Procaine coefficient of variation is 0.02 and Acid Dissociation Constant (pKa) 8.9.
- After injection, the diffusion is extremely wide and rapid, providing an optimal effect within 1 to 2 minutes during 20 to 40 minutes.
- Procaine is acetylated into liver then hydrolized in plasma by a pseudocholinesterase in acid paraaminobenzoic and diethylaminoethanol.
- The plasmatic proteins binding accounts for about 6 %.
- 80% of acid para-aminobenzoique whether combined or not are excreted in urine, 20% metabolized in liver.
- 30% of diethylaminoethanol are excreted in urine, the remainder being metabolized in liver.
- Elimination half-life lasts a few minutes.
- Procaine crosses the placenta.
Therapeutic Indications of procaine hydrochloride
Local infiltration anaesthesia and conduction anaesthesia (plexic and troncular blocks)
Contacts to get additional informations on the product