- Curative treatment of torsades de pointe (TdP)
- Treatment of acute hypokalemia associated with hypomagnesemia
- Magnesium supplement during electrolyte rebalance
- Magnesium supplement in parenteral nutrition
- Preventive and curative treatment of eclampsia crisis
Magnesium Chloride 10% is available in glass ampoule with an OPC (one point cut) opening system.
Magnesium salts solution (B 05 CB) (B: Hematopoietic stem cells blood and lymphoid organs)
Magnesium is a cation primarily intracellular. It decreases neuronal excitability and neuromuscular transmission and is involved in several enzymatic reactions. Constitutional element, half of magnesium builds bone mass.
Serum magnesemia :
- ranging from 12 to 17 mg/l (1 to 1.4 mEq/l or 0.5 to 0.7 mmol/l) indicates moderate magnesium deficiency,
- under 12 mg/l (1 mEq/l or 0.5 mmol/l) indicates severe magnesium deficiency.
Magnesium deficiency may be :
- Primary by congenital abnormality of metabolism (chronic congenital hypomagnesemia).
- Secondary by :
- inadequate nutritional supplements (severe denutrition, alcoholism, parenteral nutrition exclusively),
- digestive malabsorption (chronic diarrhoea, digestive fistulas, hypoparathyroidies),
- excessive increase of renal losses (tubulopathies, polyurias, diuretics abuse, chronic pyelonephritis, primary hyperaldosteronism, treatment with cisplatin).
Urinay excretion mainly.